Nov 7, 2012

Tis' the season to eat turkey!

 
Whole frozen turkeys usually go on sale fairly cheap this time of the year. That makes it a great time to buy a couple for the freezer and cook a couple to use in recipes.  Today I picked up a few for .59 cents a pound at our local store.  I plan to cook one as soon as it thaws, debone it, and freeze it for recipes.  These are also great for leftover turkey.
 
Here are a few recipes that I might try this time.
 
 
 If I make this I will boil down the bones and use the broth in the soup also.
 
 
 
 
This recipe is great because I need to use some of the cream of mushroom soups that I got really cheap couponing last year.
 
 
Not sure how to roast the turkey?  Check out Butterball's Roasting Instructions
 
Need tips on cooling and freezing your turkey.  EatTurkey.com  has all that covered..
 


No comments: